Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review Year 2 Semester 2 Life

I chose the harder road. I took five subjects in this semester, so I will able to finish all 3 years subjects within the stated period. Company Law, Research Method, Human Resource Management, Operational Management and the additional subject, Managerial Economics. It was pretty challenging because I was not good in time management.

Nevertheless, I manage to finish all these subjects with a predictably best result in my university life. Too confident? The result will be revealed soon on 17 January 2014. It believe that it will be my happiest ‘result-reveal’ day. Inter alia (means ‘other than that'), I enjoyed my incredible timetable for this semester. At the end of semester, it proved that my decision was correct. Thanks for the help from lecturer.
Research Method_Group 11
Musthaq, Shin, Me, Weijinn and the sitting Romeo
I learned a lot when I was finishing all the assignments. The weight of assignment on the shoulder was getting heavier and some of the results did not equal to our hard work. We accepted the results because as long as we tried our best, results were just something that showing whether we reached the expectation of lecturer. Indeed, we felt our improvement in term of personality, attitude and maturity. That is the more important thing than result.
TME for SUTC 35th meeting 2013-2014
Table Topic Evaluator for SUTC 36th Meeting
Delivering my CC#6_'My National Hero' in Puchong Toastmaster Club
Best Speaker for the first time (CC#5_Left or Right)
Other than academy side, I am happy with my progress in Toastmaster. I’ve already done six speeches and it is four more left to claim the award of ‘Competent Comminicator’ (a.k.a. CC, the first award after clear the first 10 speeches). In addition, I am walking out of my comfort zone as I keep challenging myself in the leadership. For example, I had held the position of Toastmaster of the Evening, Table Topic master, Table Topic Evaluator and Speech Evaluator. I still not dare to become a grammarian because the poorness of my English is simply not reaching the standard yet. I knew that I should do it to get more experience but I want to do it well for the first time, as people and I have a certain level of expectation to my performance. I will try more table topic at next year because it is a good platform to improve the speed of thinking and speaking spontaneously.

I was the president of Sunway CIS-ECA Scholarship Group, however, the group did not exist anymore. It is because of numerous reasons and I am not going to reveal it. There were many good memories among us, and we have organized successful event such as Reading Bus event, cycling event, appreciation dinner. The mixed feeling after every event was hard to describe in words because it was the combination of happy and sad. We felt sad when we were going to separate and leaving each other. Frankly, I was disappointing to myself. I knew this is a stage of learning but I simply can’t accept that I was that weak in leading a club and organizing event. Yes, everyone is saying that I have the quality to be a good leader, but I hope there is someone to guide or lead me to improve myself more because sometimes I really felt helpless. I need someone to push me. I need some new motivators to gain the confidence of a leader. I will find a way of it. I will.

There were some events with friends at this year. We went for the Scary Night at Sunway Lagoon on Halloween, ‘killing zombie’, birthday celebration of Khye Yang in Vivatel, surprised and unexpected birthday celebration with Ben, and no other than the MOST EXPENSIVE & ENJOYABLE SUBS GRANDBALL. There were still a lot of memories that I could not write in words because there was a lot of event! I am glad to have you guys be my friend. Really appreciate it. My university life will not be this colorful without you all. 

Overall, I look for a better year 3 life! My last year, my last chapter in University

Here are some links and picture for awesome events in Year 2.

Link:
Grand Ball 

SUTC Ipoh Semi- Annual Convention

SUTC Appreciation Night

Amazing Race

Melaka Trip

Gathering with ex-Room mates

Food Trip with Shin Erl and Glynis


Photos: (I only have these photos, other photos are in Instagram)
Sunway Chinese Independent School Alumni Event
Sunway CISA Event Post Event Group Photo
Sunway CISA Event photo_ Children and me
Sunway CISA Event photo 2
Scary night @ Sunway Lagoon in Halloween Night
Scary night @ Sunway Lagoon in Halloween Night 2
Scary night @ Sunway Lagoon in Halloween Night

No comments:

Post a Comment