Saturday, August 24, 2013

Trips, Toastmaster and Y2S1 Results

Trips

Group Photo w waterfall and forest.
Left (back): Hui Nii, Shim, Me, Shin Erl
Left (Front role): Ben Aw, Shan Jie
Playing in the water
Guys were in the cold water!
Group photo on the bridge!
Ben Aw was working on Chocolate flavour seasoning and otak-otak
BBQ_Eating! 
Thanks Shim for these BBQ event photos.
For the first time, I have organized a BBQ in my orchard and presented my project speech at other club. On Sunday, Ben Aw and Shan Jie went to Jusco with me to purchase the ingredients and foods for BBQ. They already bought 90 stick of Otak-otak from Muar; hence we bought chicken wings, fish, sausages, ‘crap stick’, mushmarrow, and some seasoning. After that, we gossiped and watched ‘Scream 1’ in my room until 4am. You can never watch horror movie with them because you will keep laughing! After this all, I slept until 6am and they continue to gossip for topics due to insomnia! On Monday, we met Shin Erl, Shim and Hui Nii at Sunway, and then we were moving forward to orchard! We enjoyed our trips by eating durians, good value-of-money of breakfast, played in waterfall and BBQ! This was my first ever BBQ by using wood to outbreak of fire. Almost all the foods are finished expect for fish and otak-otak. Some China friends of Baba came to the orchard after we finished fire our food in first round. They loved Otak-otak very much and appreciated our effort in organizing BBQ at orchard! Ben Aw and Shan Jie were planning to export Otak-otak to China, which were very ambitious but funny part when we were discussing about it. Overall, it was a very good experience and we are planning to have another BBQ at to orchard soon!

Breakfast! Our 1st Group Photo too!
Leng ZaiS before lunch!
Thanks Musthaq! :3
Kyle was finding parking, Mushtaq the camera man,
and we took a photo infront of the ship
Group Photo in front of an empty train
On the boat at night!
These Melaka Trip's Photo were taken from Musthaq.

On Friday, Kyle had rented a car, Alza, and fetching Sylvia, KL, Keen Yan, Musthaq and me to Melaka. First thanks to Kyle for his effort, Keen Yan for the GPS and everyone for making a fun and memorable trip. Our activies are we ate Chicken rice as our breakfast, visited museum of Baba and Nyonya, had a dissatisfied lunch at ‘Amy’, visited Malay Palace, first tried Coconut Milkshake Special, bought some souvenirs and nearly got free gift from shops, enjoyed ‘Sick Satay Celup’, ate Cendol and watched a martial performances at Jonker Street, and last stop was sitting on boat to look at night view of Melaka. It was a good trip that we will remember when there was a ‘paparazi style’ in finding destination of the ship at evening. Again, I want to say thank you to Kyle from the deepest of my heart because he really made many efforts in organizing a good trip. Last trip before our new semester start, I would use one word to describe it, AWESOME!

Toastmaster


These 3 photos were taken from DTM Victor Ong blog:

On Wednesday, I had finally done my CC#3 speech at other club, REAL toastmaster club. The meeting was organized in the hall of their office at SS19. I went to there with another speaker, DTM Victor Ong. He was my lecturer and recently the President of Sunway University Toastmaster Club (SUTC). The summary will be posted in blog of SUTC soon, the link is ‘http://sunutm.blogspot.com’. This was one of the best meetings that I have joined in these one and a half years. It were because there were role players did very good job and many good speakers and speeches during this meeting! I would definitely return to this club again if I got time since it was organized at 3.30pm, and there is no crash with my own timetable.

Results
This was one of the best moments in my life for seeing my academy results. Before the results were released, I really thought I will fail my Business Law, delay my internship, got 2C and 2D, and I have to fight for second lower class in the future semester. Surprisingly, I passed my Business Law with a mark that make me feel hard work really paid off, and got results that can allow me to fight for second upper class! I felt so blessed and wonderful after seeing the result. I screamed, ran to my parent room in 12 midnight, told them my results and I saw their nice smile again! It was a victory moment for me. Second Upper, I am going to get you when I graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment