Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Unexpected Outing Experience and PETC Meeting

Today Benjamin Aw and I went to Leisure Mall in Cheras. We started our journey at around 1150 but we only reached our destination at around 1300. It was because of the stupid GPS brought us to KLCC and Pavillion first before we realized there was mistake. We were so surprised when we reached to this area because we never thought Leisure Mall is nearby here. Once we realized our mistake, we have to believe in the GPS again because none of us know what the exact road to Leisure Mall. Luckily, we reached there in time. We met Shin Erl for lunch and chit chat. We enjoyed lunch in Sakae Sushi, and our tea time at Snowflake. It was my second time to have lunch in Sakae Sushi within a week, and you could imagine my ‘disgusting’ feeling. Actually it was totally unexpected outings for me because Ben Aw asked me out at very last minute, which was the day before this outing. After fetching Shin Erl and Ben Aw backed to their house and hostel respectively, I chose to take a nap in Ben Aw hostel because I was too tired and there was a toastmaster meeting later.
(From Left: Musthaq, Me, Thinesh, Brenda, Nala and Jiet Er.
'Photo Boomer', from left: Alan Wong CC, Steven ACB, ALB)
Photo Credits to Brenda Leong
Thinesh, Nala, Jiet Er, Musthaq and me went to Puchong English Toastmaster Club (PETC) together. We were nearly lost in Puchong when finding the place. Stupid GPS. Fortunately, there was a toastmaster guided us to the venue of meeting through phone. Stupid GPS, again! This is the second time that I joined other club meeting than Sunway University Toastmaster Club. The first time was at two month ago, in Taylors Lakeside. The meeting started at 8.00pm sharp, which was very impressive because timing is one of the most important issues in a meeting. It was a very good experience for me because there were many good speakers and role players in this meeting! I finally have the opportunity to listen to DTM Victor Ong’s speech! It is always a pleasure and very chance for listening to good speaker’s speech! Other than that, I felt glad to become one of the witnesses for the PETC installation. It was my first time to see this kind of progress for installation. Overall, I felt very comfortable and energetic during this meeting although there were not much students but workers. I definitely will come back again and do my speech at here! Thanks to Mr Victor and Brenda Leong for introducing me to join this meeting.


Toastmaster meeting always has the power to bring my passion back into improving my leadership skills through giving speech. ‘Toastmaster mode’ ON! I already set a good timetable for myself in progression of becoming a good speaker and leader. I already book two speaking slots for my CC3 and CC4 speech during two SUTC meeting in September; and in charge for Table topic master. In October, I also booked a speaking slot in PETC, and I also plan to become Toastmaster of The Evening in SUTC meeting! Fight For Future! Hope I can do it well. I wish myself an all the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment