Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Exam is Over!

‘Lancaster University course is very hard.’
‘Second upper and first class is a dream.’
‘Although you study very hard, you may only pass the exam but not score very marks.’
‘It is a dream for getting grade of second upper.’

Indeed, subjects in this course are very challenging. Second upper or first class is quite challenging for an ordinary guys like me. But hey, I’ve completed my 2 year life in university and I most probably will score a second upper for this semester’s subjects! I admitted that I might not work very hard compared to others but I have tried my best to score good result! Optimistic. Hard work pay off?

Some thought was appeared when I was preparing for my exam, when I was driving to university, or before I sleep every night. Unarguably, the grade is very important for our future work. My friends who are living in corporate world told me that there is a huge different for first class, second upper and second lower. The treatments to these students are totally different when they are in the selection progress. That’s one of the reasons that make me work hard because I want to have a good and easier life! (Okay, life is never gonna be easy!)
Reference: http://chibird.com/post/69936006971/grades-may-be-a-factor-in-other-things-but-you 
However, I personally think that result is not, and should not be, the major concern of corporate for their recruitment and selection process. The main concern should be the attitude of candidates, the human being, but not all the paper work. Let’s make it clear, a company would prefer a candidates who score grade ‘A’ in result but lack of experience in joining activity, or candidates who scored grade ‘B’ but own a lot of experiences in organizing activity? Will they choose a candidate who score ‘A’ in result without any ‘fighting’ attitude over a candidate who score ‘B’ but with a great ‘fighting’ attitude that keep him/herself improving? This should be the main concern of corporate but not just recruited the ‘best’ candidates who score good results.

What I’m trying to say is, result is important but it is not everything. Attitude and a healthier should be the main concern that current students and people need to stress. I have this thought because there are many students (including myself) change our daily life time to American style during exam period. Relationship with family might be a serious problem because students tend to have a bossy attitude and stereotyped family should know he/she better than other friends. When family did something that do not meet their expectation, the dark and real side of student will be showed towards their family. You might think that it is horrible situation and unlikely happen to you, but please be aware for this situation.

Okay, let’s get back to my life. I am going to enter into corporate life within two weeks. Internship! Honestly, I can’t wait for it! Let’s see what I will learn and how mature can I be after this internship period.


Post Exam celebration with family at El Cerdo.


Smile of 'MonaliPig'?

Decoration
Menu
Appetizer- Salad
Appetizer- Mushroom Soups

Main Dishes- Steak


Main Dishes- The picture say it all
My brother and Me
Dessert

Ohya, I want to say a thank you to this good friend because she always provides a platform for me to distress during the preparation of final exam!
Thank you Housewife!

1 comment: