Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Toastmaster Semi-annual Convention in Ipoh

It was an AWESOME trip. My first ever trip with toastmasters in this 3 days 2 nights trip. Crazy Sunway Uni Toastmaster members had organized a meeting in train while traveling to Ipoh from KL Sentral!
Before leaving Sunway University
SUTC members and GE from Taman Indrahana Toastmaster Club
On the way to Ipoh with Musthaq
Project Speech Evaluator on Train
It is also my first timer to be an evaluator for project speech. I was appointed as table topic evaluator at first because I just did the same role at two days back. I decided to change to speech project evaluator because I want to challenge myself and walk out my comfort zone. The meeting was running smoothly and everyone enjoyed for this meeting. We got praises from other toastmasters because we did some meeting that beyond their expectation! I think we can take all the praises into our account because we deserved it!

On the way to hotel
Chilling w Musthaq after reached the hotel
After a nearly 90 minutes meeting with passed by three state, which are Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Perak, we reached our hotel, Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites. We were here to support Mirosha in the National Level Humorous Speech contest, ‘claim’ our reward of President Distinguished Club and experienced the atmosphere of toastmaster convention! 

For more details about this meeting, please visit these websites, which are from the current President of Sunway University Toastmaster Club, DTM Victor Ong.

Gala Night_Me

Gala Night_Musthaq, Adeline, Me

Gala Night_Nawal, me, Jieter

Gala Night_Musthaq, me, Thinesh
Gala Night_Musthaq and Nawal

Gala Night_Me, Thinesh, Kenneth ,Musthaq

Gala Night_Musthaq and me
Gala Night_ Rihanna Dina and Me
Gala Night_Nawal and Me
Gala Night_Pei Lim and Me
Gala Night_ Musthaq, Me, Thinesh, Kenneth, Nawal, Kent (The most Right guys)
Gala Night_DTM Victor and Me
Gala Night_Me and Kenneth

Gala Night_ SUTC FULL HOUSE !!
Indeed, it strengthened the relationship of members and expanded our view to the level of toastmaster over the country.  The convention was actually 2 days 1 night, and we stayed at Ipoh for one more night because it was too late for us to return Sunway at night. Gala night and Hawker Night & Ceremony were organized respectively for the first two days. All of Sunway University Toastmaster members joined the flash mob and we did a very good job! People in the hall were enjoying our performances and the atmosphere was awesome! It is definitely a memorable nights for all of us!
Hawker Night_ Musthaq and Me
Hawker Night_ Musthaq, Nawal and Me
Hawker Night_ Me and Musthaq
Hawker Night_Members of SUTC
Hawker Night_ Table 1

Hawker Night_ Post celebration 1
Hawker Night_ Post Celebration 2
Hawker Night_ Girls' post
Guys' post
After the Hawker night, we went back to room and watch 'The Conjuring'!
Although this was my second time to watch this movie, I still enjoy the effect of the movie! It was simply awesome! I closed my eyes after the movie and when I opened my eyes again, we were going to leave the hotel. See you next time, Ipoh!

On the way to Sunway
These photos credit goes to Sunway University Toastmasters, such as CC Dr. Nagiah, DTM Victor Ong, ACB Kenneth Ho, CC Nawal and TM Musthaq.

No comments:

Post a Comment