Monday, July 22, 2013

S-oil 'HERE' Campaign

Parking slot is of the big issues that many people faced especially university students. For me, many people like me always drive around outside of University to find a parking slot. As near as possible. Life is full of challenge. I can hardly to find a good parking slot without drive my car for few rounds.  Time consuming.

Picture taken from Mazuriah's World, 2010.
Link: http://mazuriah.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall has one of the best parking slots in Malaysia because the availability of parking slots is linked with light pulp. Green light will be changed when the parking slot is not available; green light will remained unchanged when the parking slot is available. Technology. These kinds of technologies are applicable at indoor parking slots, but how about outdoor parking slots?





I watched a video today, it shown the creativity of S-oil, one of the four oil companies in Korea. South Korea is a country devoid of oil. Cars user are increasing each day and also petrol users. I was quite surprised for the oil that Korean spent on finding parking slots ONLY. Seriously, I think we are spending the similar amount of petrol in just finding parking slots too! S-oil organized a ‘HERE’ campaign to help people in finding available outdoor parking slots easier. They set balloon at the end of each parking slots. When there is car on the parking slot, the balloon will be lower down automatically due to the line of the balloon pushed by car. When there is no car on the parking slot, the balloon will be raised up. SUPERB IDEA! Personally, I really admire the creator of this campaign.

However, I was worried for the ingredients in this balloon. If the air inside the balloon is Helium, I hope there is another alternative ingredient to replace this because Helium is non-renewable resources too. The current issue is, whether this campaign can be organized at Malaysia. I read some comments from other views of this video, they were afraid that Malaysia driver will take the balloons to home! HAHAHA! For me, this campaign can be succeeding in Malaysia when most of the drivers increase their parking skills! Sometimes, lack of parking slots is due to double-parking!

In my opinion, the more similar ideas and campaign appeared in world, the more benefits people gets. Other than these ideas and campaign, the insight of human plays more important role in solving many questions, including parking issue. Education will increase the moral and insight of human in a country. I enclosed this blog with a famous quote of Mandela: 

'Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.'

#PrayForMandela

No comments:

Post a Comment